Advice and Guidance
Two Hours Free of Specialists' Advice from
- Dedicated HR consultant with a knowledge of local councils
- Qualified independent planning consultant
- Experienced Clerk providing a Mentoring Service for New Clerks and On the Ground Procedural, and Financial Advice.
Contact with Other Local Councils
Rights and Interests of Member Councils
- At national level, The National Association has been instrumental in raising the profile of parish and town councils with Government, which has resulted in for eg the Quality Parish Status Scheme. It is recognised nationally as the representative body of town and parish councils.
- At regional level the County Association with neighbouring Associations in the West Midlands is recognised by the remaining regional Government offices.
- At local level the County Association is recognised as the representative body in the local area, and has put in place the Local Councils’ Charter. Regular meetings are held to discuss highway and other issues. Warwickshire County Council has made available HR advice to the Association.
Quality Status and the Power of General Competence
Training and Qualifications
Financial Advice and Consent to Take Out Loans
One Free Subscription to Local Councils’ Specialist Journal
The membership fee is based on the number of electors in the Parish as at the end of March. These WALC fees were approved by the members at the WALC AGM on 1 November 2017. It is proposed that there will be no change to the WALC membership fee for the following five years. WALC has no control over the fee charged by NALC so any increases during that five-year period will relate to that element of the fee.
The WALC portion of the fee is subject to VAT
|Band||Num electors||NALC Fee||WALC Fee||Total Fee|