- To raise awareness and have regard of issues affecting Parish and Town Councils within the District/Borough Council;
- To respond to invitations from Parish and Town Councils to attend meetings of mutual interest;
- To be the first point of contact for Parish and Town Councils in the event of concerns relating to dealings with the District Council;
- To ensure that Parish and Town Councils views are taken into account when the District/Borough Council undertakes consultation;
- To facilitate discussions in relation to the possibility of devolving services to Parish and Town Councils;
- To encourage joint training events including Councillors from the District/Borough Council and Parish and Town Councils;
- To respond to invitations to attend Warwickshire and West Midlands Association of Local Councils (WALC) Area Meetings;
- To attend other Parish and Town Councils liaison meetings as appropriate.
In order for the role to have a meaningful impact it is suggested that the role should be undertaken by a Member of the Cabinet, or senior Councillor within the Council.