Newbold Pacey & Ashorne is in Stratford on Avon District
Newbold Pacey & Ashorne Parish Council is looking to appoint a Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to undertake the administration and financial management of the Council. The Council is seeking a candidate with good organisational, secretarial and administrative skills and with good numerical and financial acumen.
Newbold Pacey & Ashorne is a relatively small parish with approx. 240 electors and 6 Councillors (we currently have one vacancy). The precept is approx. £7,000 and we have additional rent from our allotment gardens. The Council meets bi-monthly (or as required).
Part-time (20 hours/month) Permanent role.
Key Areas -
- Meetings, Policies & Procedures - manage the monthly meetings of the Council including preparing the agenda, attending meetings and taking minutes, advising Councillors on procedural/legal matters and progressing actions.
- Manage the Council’s finances - prepare financial reports, pay approved invoices, banking, end of year accounts, submission of accounts for internal and external audit, VAT reclaim, preparation of a 3-yearly budget for review and precept determination. Excel is currently used for financial accounting. Previous experience in accounts is a requirement of the role.
- Allotments – encourage full take-up of the allotment gardens, issue tenancy agreements, invoice and, where necessary, chase rents.
- Planning Applications - ensure planning applications are circulated to Councillors, and after consideration by the Council, submit responses to the Local Authorities in accordance with timescales and policies.
- Administration – Handle all correspondence, draft public notices and undertake all necessary administration of the Council. Administer, regularly up-date and review the Council’s Weebly website.
Candidates must have at least a year of admin/secretarial work and possess a high standard of oral and written communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel). They should be capable of working independently without supervision and have the ability to deal with a range of issues. Good interpersonal skills are key as the Parish Clerk is in regular contact with parishioners, suppliers and other agencies. Experience in a similar role or knowledge of Local Council would be an advantage. Experience of website maintenance preferable; training will be provided if necessary.
- Salary: NJC Scale LC1 or 2 scale points 5 to 21 (£10.04 to £13.74 per hour), starting point depending upon experience, CiLCA qualification and transferable skills.