Kingshurst Parish is in North Solihull
Kingshurst Parish Council is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the dual role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer (RFO).
The Parish Clerk/RFO is responsible for the administration and finances of the Parish Council. Working from home whilst the Covid situation is still in force, after which there will be community space available, plus our own office space available in the new Parade after its regeneration. The role includes evening work and attendance is required at eleven Parish Council Meetings per year and the Annual Parish Assembly Meeting.
Salary is in accordance with the National Joint Council (NJC) SCP 18 pro-rata and would involve approximately 20 hours per week. Not including the monthly meetings
Candidates will need:
- motivation to be involved in the community
- good organisation and communication skills, to be able to prepare agendas, take accurate minutes and manage the Council’s administrative duties
- As RFO, be responsible for the management of all aspects of the Council’s finances, oversee authorised expenditure and produce timely financial management and budget reports to aid the council. Knowledge of AdvantEDGE accounts software would be helpful.
- to be confident with Microsoft Office applications (or similar), email, Google Drive, social media and websites.
- the ability to meet deadlines, good attention to detail and work well on their own initiative.
Ideally, the successful candidate will already hold the CiLCA qualification or be willing to work towards the qualification. Training courses are available.
About Kingshurst Parish Council
Located in Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council, between the Fordbridge and Castle Bromwich, Kingshurst has 12 seats on the Parish Council with an electorate of approx 5800 at the last count, and operates with a circa £48,000 budget. This is an exciting time to work with the Parish Council, with its newly elected councillors, as it looks to modernise and develop stronger links with the community.
Download the Job Specification
Closing date for applications is 5:00 pm Friday 12th February 2021