Harborough Magna is in Rugby Borough
Harborough Magna Parish Council seeks a Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to start as soon as possible. The role will involve providing advice and support to the five parish councillors in their work to protect and improve facilities and the natural environment for Harborough Magna Parish and its residents.
Duties will include:
- Publishing agendas and taking minutes of the meeting – using both the Council website and its notice boards.
- Updating the parish website so that transparency regulations are met and parishioners have a useful source for news and events in the parish
- Maintaining sound financial records – this to include book keeping, PAYE, VAT reclaims, reconciliation of bank accounts and dealing with the council appointed Internal Auditor to ensure timely filing of the Annual Governance and Accounting Returns.
- Keeping track of new legislation through liaison with WALC (Warwickshire Association of Local Councils)
- Advising councillors to ensure the Council acts in line with its own policies and legislation.
- Getting tenders for grass cutting etc and managing the contract.
- Liaison with Rugby Borough Council and Warwickshire County Council on matters that affect the village – such as planning application, traffic and litter.
- Competent Microsoft word and excel experience
- Good communicator
Pay and Conditions
- The candidate will work from home. A laptop, software and printer will be provided.
- Salary will be paid at the rate of 22 hours each month – to include one evening meeting a month. This is based on the National Scale for Local Council staff – in the range of £12.29- £14.02 an hour – based on experience. A CILCA qualified clerk may be paid at a higher rate.
- Training will be available – and guidance from the current clerk and chairman to ensure a supportive handover.