Gaydon is in Stratford-on-Avon District
Gaydon Parish Council are seeking to appoint a Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer to start as soon as possible. The role will involve providing advice and support, and work alongside the seven parish councillors in Gaydon parish.
The appointment is for an average of 6 hours per week and the salary will be as per the national recommended salary scale for part-time clerks (depending upon experience)
Duties will include:
- Publishing agendas and taking minutes of the meeting – using both the Council website and its notice board.
- Updating the parish website so that transparency regulations are met and parishioners have a useful source for news and events in the parish
- Maintaining financial records – including monthly reconciliations and accounts, VAT reclaims, and dealing with the council appointed Internal Auditor to ensure timely filing of the Annual Governance and Accounting Returns.
- Advising councillors to ensure the Council acts in line with its own policies and legislation.
- Competent Microsoft word and excel experience
- Good communicator
Pay and Conditions
- The candidate will work from home but with access to a council office within the village. A laptop will be provided.
- Salary will be paid at NJC Scale LC1 or 2 scale points 5 to 21 (£10.04 to £13.74 per hour), starting point depending upon experience, CiLCA qualification and transferable skills.
- Training will be available – and guidance from the current clerk and chairman to ensure a supportive handover