Brierley Hill, West Midlands
Black Country Consortium Ltd
£30,600.00 per annum, 37 hours a week, plus benefits and eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (part-time applicants will be considered for those with the right experience).
Whether you are an experienced Democratic or Committee Services Officer, Secretariat or Scrutiny Support Officer, the Black Country Consortium Ltd (BCC Ltd) invites you to join their small corporate team; where you can utilise your experience, knowledge and skills to provide administrative and secretariat support to a diverse and extensive network of bodies, committees, working groups and officer groups operating at a Black Country level.
BCC Ltd is a small, multi-disciplined team of professionals working to promote economic prosperity, health and well-being in the Black Country. We work on behalf of the four Local Authorities, the Black Country Local Enterprise Partnership (BCLEP) and the Active Black Country (ABC) Partnership, to support the delivery of the vision and objectives set out in the Black Country Strategic Economic Plan. BCC Ltd provides secretariat and governance support to these partnerships, in a very collaborative work environment, which interfaces with the West Midlands Combined Authority agenda and cross region LEP working.
Working closely with the Chief Executive, you will ensure the implementation of effective corporate governance, whilst delivering an efficient and effective administrative and secretariat support service to BCC Ltd, its partners and their respective meetings.
Candidates Must Have:
- A detailed knowledge of Local Government and Public Sector decision making procedures, constitutional arrangements and best practice (ideally in a multi-stakeholder Public Sector setting) and an awareness of the legal and policy backgrounds that inform these arrangements.
- The ability to communicate complex issues confidently, clearly and accurately; both in writing and orally.
- The ability to liaise effectively and efficiently with senior managers and decision makers across public, voluntary and private sectors.
- Political awareness.
- A proactive and organised approach to working.
- Some knowledge or experience of private sector corporate practices would also be helpful.