Claydon with Clattercote is in Oxfordshire
Claydon with Clattercote Parish Council is seeking applications for the post of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
- Working from home
- Hours: 15 per month
- Salary: NJC Scale LC1 or 2 (£9.341 to £12.404 per hour), starting point depending upon experience and transferable skills.
The Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the Council and, as the Responsible Financial Officer, will be required to manage the Council’s finances.
Duties will include:
- Managing the meetings of the council meetings and trustee meetings including preparing the agenda, taking the minutes, monitoring actions and decisions
- Ensuring planning applications are considered, and submitting responses to the District Council
- Managing the Parish Council’s finances, preparation of accounts and reconciliation, payroll and PAYE, payment of invoices, banking, end of year accounts, submission of accounts for external audit, VAT reclaim, preparing for budget review and precept
- Dealing with a variety of correspondence and public notices
You will be required to work from home and attend evening meetings on the second Tuesday of every other month. You must be computer literate, have some administrative experience and able to maintain accurate accounts.
Candidates must possess a high standard of oral and written communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office software (particularly Word and Excel), be capable of working independently and have the ability to deal with a range of issues.