The Warwickshire County Council Councillors’ Grant Fund is aimed at community and voluntary organisations.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 31st August 2018.
The Fund provides each of WCC’s 57 Councillors with a pot of £6000 to support small-scale projects within their division that support the following outcomes:
- Warwickshire’s communities and individuals are supported to be safe, healthy and independent; and,
- Warwickshire’s economy is vibrant and supported by the right jobs, training, skills and infrastructure.
All applications should aim to build community solutions to local issues and improve the health and wellbeing of people living in Warwickshire. In particular, applications which address one or more of the following priority categories will be favoured:
- Improve community assets and their sustainability;
- Improve access to services;
- Improve financial capability; and/or,
- Reduce loneliness and isolation.
Who can apply?
- Constituted ‘not-for-profit’ community organisations in Warwickshire;
- Non-constituted or new ‘not-for-profit’ groups working in Warwickshire that can be supported by a mainstream service or community group willing to administer the funds through an organisational bank account;
- Warwickshire Town and Parish Councils.
To submit an application, please visit http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/cllrgrants.
Help and Support
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action (WCAVA) provide general advice and support to Third Sector organisations across Warwickshire including accessing volunteering opportunities, developing a community group, accessing funding or strengthening governance arrangements. They are a free resource for you to use.
WCAVA are holding a series of funding workshops to support groups or organisations considering applying to the Councillors’ Grant Fund. This will include providing guidance on: eligibility of projects, advice on completing a funding application, and signposting to other funding or support sources.
Applicants are encouraged to attend one of the workshops detailed below:
- Stratford: Monday 18th June from 5-7pm at Stratford on Avon District Council Offices (Elizabeth House, Church Street, CV37 6HX) – Link to book
- Rugby: Monday 25th June from 5:30-7:30pm at Learn Warwickshire Hub (6 Mitchell Court, Castle Mound Way, Central Park, Rugby, CV23 0UY) – Link to book
- There will also be a funding drop-in session in Rugby on Thursday 19th July from 10.30am-12.30pm at Moriarty’s Café (28 Regent Street, Rugby, CV21 2PS). No booking necessary, just call in!
- Nuneaton and Bedworth: Wednesday 20th June from 6:30-8:30pm at St Nicolas Community Centre (Vicarage Street, Nuneaton CV11 4AZ) – Link to book
- North Warwickshire: Thursday 21st June from 5:30-7:30pm at St Peters Church (Mancetter Road, Mancetter, CV9 1NH) – Link to book