Stratford-on-Avon District Council will remain open and operational during the on-going COVID-19 outbreak.
However, following the government’s guidance regarding social gatherings and events the following District Council services have been postponed:
- Committee meetings postponed until the end of March – Government reviewing the currently legislation
- Stratford-on-Avon District Health Walks in Bidford, Shipston, Southam, Stratford and Wellesbourne and the Track walking sessions in Stratford
- UBUS community transport service
- Senior Citizens Action Network (SCAN) bi-monthly meetings in Bidford, Henley, Southam, Stratford and Shipston
- Easter Holiday activities
- The Link
- The Visitor Information Centre
All other District Council services remain operational at this time, although this will be kept under review and main reception and the contact centre are open.
Other events cancelled include:
- District Council staff recruitment
- District Council staff Training
- District Council non-essential (internal) meetings
- The Shakespeare Birthday Celebrations
- Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
- VE Day Celebrations
David Buckland, Chief Executive of Stratford-on-Avon District Council says:
We understand that residents may have concerns about the coronavirus. We would like to reassure them that the Government and the NHS are continually reviewing the measures to deal with this virus and we urge residents to follow their guidance, particularly around hygiene and hand-washing.
The District Council is in very regular contact with its public sector partners and we have been reviewing our own business continuity arrangements and communication plans in the light of the evolving national and regional picture.
Nevertheless, I would like to reassure residents and local businesses in the district that we are open for business and we will continue to provide a front-line service to our residents both face-to-face and via the contact centre. We are extremely mindful of the valuable public services that we provide to all of our residents and businesses and we will continue to monitor the situation closely
However, following Government advice and guidance a number of services are being postponed or cancelled for the time being and something that we are keeping under review as the situation continues to develop.”