WALC would be grateful to receive member council’s nomination (one councillor plus a companion) to attend a Royal Garden Party to be held on Tuesday 19 May 2020.
Nominations closed at noon on Monday 27 January 2020.
WALC are pleased to let you know we have received invitations for Buckingham Palace Garden Parties in May 2020.
WALC ALLOCATION: 4 Places (2 PAIRS)
DATE OF GARDEN PARTY: Tuesday 19 May 2020
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS TO WALC: Midday Monday 27 January 2020
The Lord Chamberlain has asked us to highlight a number of items therefore please read ensure that you comply with the following notes when completing the Garden Party Invitation. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact John Crossling in the first instance:
Invitations are in recognition of PAST service as Chairmen of Parish Council and Town Mayors in England and it is therefore appropriate that outgoing members, rather than those newly elected, should be invited to attend.
Guests should NOT have previously attended a Garden Party. This must be emphasised to potential guests.
- It is essential that all details given are correct as inaccuracies have, in the past, caused distress and embarrassment. Please therefore ensure that all names and addresses reflect each guests' form of identification that they will be asked to bring with them e.g. Passport, driving licence to allow them to gain access to the event. If in doubt, please check with the guests. For example, ie if somebody is known as Mike but the name as it appears on their passport is Michael John, please ensure that this is written on the form.
- Ensure all nominated guests are accompanied, with each guest ideally being accompanied by one guest only
- No one under the age of 18 years is nominated as a guest or to accompany a guest.
- Guests who require assistance MUST be accompanied and this must be made clear on the form. The entrance to and the grounds of the palace is accessible by wheelchair and disabled parking is close to the palace entrance. If disabled parking is required, this must be made clear.
- All nominated guests must be British or European Union citizens, although their guest(s) may be of other nationalities. However all guests, nominated or accompanying, must be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Buckingham Palace have specifically stated that late changes to nominations cannot not be entertained by the palace. Therefore once details have been submitted to the Palace by NALC this cannot be changed.
- Please remind your guest(s), that in the event they are unable to attend a Garden Party for whatever reason they will not be invited again.
- Invitations will be issued approximately 6 weeks prior to the Garden Party and this pack of information is very detailed. Your nominated guests might also find it helpful to follow this link - https://www.royal.uk/garden-parties
- If a guest has not received their invitation within three weeks of the date of the garden party, please contact John Crossling.
- All communications to Buckingham Palace should carried out via NALC rather than directly.
- There will be no parking facilities available for guests with the exception of disability badge holders (blue badge holders) which should be noted on the form. The palace will contact that guest requesting details of the disability badge.
Notes FOR DETAILS OF ACCOMPANYING PERSON – (These rules are imposed by the Lord Chamberlain)
- The person accompanying counts as one of the 4allocated to this Association and should not have attended a Royal Garden Party before.
- The accompanying person can either be a spouse or a companion over 18 years or a son or daughter who must be between 18 and 25 years.
- All nominated guests must be British or European citizens, although accompanying person maybe of other nationalities, but must be resident in the UK
- Enter ALL FORENAMES against the son or daughter and to avoid confusion state male or female
Please enter details of these as shown on passports or driving licences.
Please check that the nominees are available on Tuesday 19 May 2020 before submitting their names.
NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO THOSE NOMINATED AFTER NOON 27 January 2020.
All expenses on the day are to be met by the lucky nominees unless their council agrees to reimburse them.
If you do not hear from the Association by the Wednesday 29 January 2020 please assume that on this occasion your nomination has not been selected.