The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has unveiled its Make A Change campaign for the May 2021 elections.
With thousands of councillor seats up for renewal on England’s local (parish and town) councils, the campaign aims to help local councils promote the elections and encourage more people – those undiscovered community heroes – to put themselves forward for election.
MAKE A CHANGE - BECOME A COUNCILLOR
Are you passionate about your community? Do you want to help make a long-lasting change? Do you have innovative ideas for the council? Do you have concerns about a specific issue and want to do something about it? If this is you, then we need you. We need people from all backgrounds and experiences who reflect their community to put themselves forward for election. Make a change and become a councillor.
NALC has created a range of materials, which include:
- Editable elections flyer — easy-to-read information about local elections
- Editable A4 posters and A3 posters — quick and precise way to publicise the local elections
- Editable press release — a template to help publicise local elections through the local media in your area
- Information sheet for prospective candidates — all the information you need to know about local councils and the role of councillors
- Social media assets — includes images and suggested posts for social media channels