Warwickshire Police and Crime Commissioner, Philip Seccombe, has requested a push for partners, including local Councils, to encourage communities to report non-emergency crime online where appropriate by using the force’s website.
Currently the vast majority of non-emergency reports come into the force via the 101 telephone line. However, the public are now able to report incidents online.
The benefits of using the website are:
- Incidents or crimes which don’t require an immediate police response can be reported in a user’s own time and at their own pace.
- It offers exactly the same service as calling 101 – the force has a dedicated Digital Desk team who work on online reports.
- It can save callers waiting in a queue to speak to someone on 101 – which unfortunately can sometimes get busy during peak periods.
- It helps to keep resources free for emergency 999 calls.
- When a report is submitted, the user will receive an email with all of their submitted details for reference.
- As well as the online reporting feature, the website also contains lots of information and guidance, including advice on who you should report specific matters to.