Rugby Borough Council has some funding available to support community groups develop their plans for future working with their communities, in response to issues that have arisen during the Covid-19 pandemic. They are looking to support projects which:
- are focused on new ways of interacting with communities, particularly the development of new or enhanced digital offers / ways of using technology
- promote community interaction and involvement
- are sustainable
- demonstrate a response to the lessons learnt by your association when dealing with issues arising from Covid-19
Please note that:
- Only qualifying expressions of interest received by the closing date of 06/11/2020 will be considered for funding.
- Qualifying groups must be based / operate solely in Rugby and for the benefit of the people of RugbyPlease note that:
- Qualifying groups include parish councils / community / voluntary / not for profit / charitable organisations (this includes faith organisations where there is wider community benefit to their activity and the project is not looking to promote religious belief / activity)
- Groups must be constituted organisation with its own bank account. You will be required to submit a copy of your constitution and Public and Products Liability Insurance (minimum of £5m cover) along with your expression of interest.
- If you are seeking assistance with purchasing goods or services, you will need to provide at least 2 quotes (links to websites will be acceptable). We cannot consider your expression of interest without these.
- We will not consider expressions of interest from statutory or profit making organisations, schools or individuals
- The minimum amount of funding available for a project will be £250, whilst the maximum will be £750.
- If successful, you will need to agree to spend the available funding solely on the project for which it is allocated.
- You will need to agree to spend the money within 12 months if it being awarded to your group
- You will need to agree to participate in an evaluation of your project
- You will agree to publicity and promotion of your project by the Council
- The Grants Working Party will assess the applications received and agree which projects they wish to fund. Applicants will be notified of their decision within three weeks of the closing date for expressions of interest.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 6th November 2020