The Comic Relief Community fund aims to deliver long lasting community driven change while building the capacity of grassroots organisations.
There are two types of grants available:
- Funding is available to help you develop your organisation through a Capacity Building Grant (up to £500).
- Funding is available to help you to deliver a 12month project through a Project Delivery Grant (up to £4000).
Eligible organisations must have an income of less than £250,000 and be constituted not for profit voluntary or community organisations (including registered charities/companies).
All projects must focus on delivering one of Comic Relief’s four strategic themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: projects that support children under the age of 5 to reach their potential and have the best start in life.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that improve equality for women, girls and the LGBTQIA+ community and initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation due to their gender.
- A Safe Place to Be: projects that support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities, improve access to support and tackle stigma and discrimination.
Groundwork staff are available to support applications. For example we could help local groups: develop project ideas, understand local need, undertake stakeholder consultations and advise them on the grant application process. Support will also be available to help successful applicants deliver their projects and connect groups into wider networks to support the sustainability of their activities.