"Force For Change" is a new programme from the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, awarding grants up to £20,000 to projects supporting Armed Forces communities to become less isolated and engage more in their local area as these address the needs that have arisen as a result of Covid-19.
To be eligible to apply, your organisation must be one of the following.
- An established registered charity or Community Interest Company (CIC) with substantial recent experience of supporting Armed Forces communities.
- An Armed Forces unit or base.
- A local authority.
- A school
The Trust will fund a wide range of projects under this programme, but you must be able to show your project fits under one of two main themes.
- Empowering Armed Forces communities to become more engaged in their local area.
- Providing opportunities for isolated members of the Armed Forces community to take part in activities that improve general wellbeing.
This year, the Trust is welcoming applications for projects that help Armed Forces communities move to the ‘new normal’ while continuing to support local needs and reduce isolation. There will be a particular focus on ensuring volunteers can carry out local projects, including supporting projects that:
- give volunteers the resources they need to support more vulnerable members of the Armed Forces community
- use volunteers to build on the work of the Veterans Should Not Be Forgotten and Forces Communities Together programmes
- involve volunteers to help reduce isolation locally
- offer digital support, using volunteers to work with people from Armed Forces communities to build their digital skills.
This programme will remain open until noon on 30 November 2020.