Registration and Booking
Places cannot be reserved on any WALC or WTP event without the completion of a registration form.
- The completed registration form constitutes a legally binding contract.
- Bookings will not be accepted after the 'Registration closes' date displayed on our website (even when received through the post)
- All delegates must be booked in advance of the event registration deadline (this includes delegates booked under free place offers).
- Any delegates turning up at an event without prior booking will be turned away
Any cancellations must be received in writing at least 7 days before the event or the full fee will be payable.
- Where payment has already been processed cancellations made within the time frame above will be refunded by bank transfer to the council.
- Any cancellations made after the 7-day deadline are not transferrable.
- Substitute delegate(s) may be named at any time up to 8am the day before the event.
- When naming substitute delegates please provide a contact email address so that we can confirm the booking details to them
Member Offers & Discounts
The following member discounts will be available from January 2018
- Member councils with a budgeted income up to £15,000 will get half price for all delegates
- Member councils with a budgeted income between £15,001 & £30,000 can send two for the price of one
- Member councils with a budgeted income between £30,001 & £50,000 can send three for the price of two
- Member councils with a budgeted income over £50,000 can send five for the price of four
To get the free place offers the delegate must attend the same event as the paying delegate(s).
- Free places cannot be booked once a course is full or after registration has closed.
- The above offers are not included in the Clerk Toolkit events or any events run by outside bodies.
- Where events have a limit of one delegate per council free places will not be available if we do allow more than one delegate to attend.
Free places for Clerks Toolkit
We are offering 6 Clerk Toolkit Sessions for the Price of 5. When you have booked and paid for 5 toolkit sessions WALC will send you a coupon code so you can book your 6th session for free. This offer is per person and not per council.
It is the responsibility of the person booking to check the spelling of delegates names on the confirmation emails advise of any changes, as this will be used for all event contents, badges and certificates and registration documents.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email addresses provided at the time of booking, if you do not receive these confirmation emails you are not booked onto the course, please contact the office as soon as possible.
- We will only use the personal information you give us in regards to the event you register for, this data will be kept securely on file for a maximum of 14 months and then deleted.
- All data submitted through our website is encrypted and held securely on our servers in the UK.
We may take photos at the event which are likely to be used in any of the following ways
- WALC or other websites
- social media feeds
- WALC marketing materials
- newsletters and publications
if you object to your image being used in this way please inform us in writing prior to the event.
Course Cancellations or Changes
It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of WALC, to change the content and timing of the programme, the speaker, the date or the venue. In the unlikely event of any event being cancelled, WALC will automatically refund any course costs paid, but disclaim any further liability. Travel costs will not be reimbursed.