Registration and Booking
Places cannot be reserved on any WALC or WTP event without the completion of a registration form.
- The completed registration form constitutes a legally binding contract.
- Bookings will not be accepted after the 'Registration closes' date displayed on our website (even when received through the post)
- All delegates must be booked in advance of the event registration deadline (this includes delegates booked under free place offers).
- Any delegates turning up at an event without prior booking will be turned away
- WALC are not responsible for checking the correct email has been entered for the delegate; we do not accept this as a reason for non-attendance at events due to not receiving course information.
Any cancellations must be received in writing at least 14 days before the event or the full fee will be payable.
- Where payment has already been processed cancellations made within the time frame above will be refunded by bank transfer to the Council.
- Any cancellations made after the 14-day deadline are not transferable.
- Substitute delegate(s) may be named at any time up to 8am the day before the event.
- When naming substitute delegates please provide a contact email address so that we can confirm the booking details to them
It is the responsibility of the person booking to check the spelling of delegate(s) names on the confirmation emails advise of any changes, as this will be used for all event contents, certificates and registration documents.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email addresses provided at the time of booking; if you do not receive these confirmation emails you are not booked onto the course, please contact the office as soon as possible.
- We will only use the personal information you give us in regards to the event you register for, this data will be will be retained for a minimum period of 14 months following the date of submission, and for a maximum period of 48 months following the date of submission.
- No personal data will be shared outside of the WALC events team, except in the following circumstances
- The Clerk Tutor has access to booking details for all Clerk events and may contact you directly with pre or post course information and handouts.
- Where the training is being run by an outside organisation and they need the details to keep you updated with course information, this will be agreed with you in advance.
- If you have agreed that we may share your details with the tutor of other courses.
- All data submitted through our website is encrypted and held securely on our servers in the UK.
Photography and Recordings
We may take photos at the event which are likely to be used in any of the following ways
- WALC or other websites
- social media feeds
- WALC marketing materials
- newsletters and publications
We may occasionally record online (Zoom) events which may be used in any of the following ways
- shared on YouTube
- shared on social media feeds
- shared on our website
- shared in our newsletters and publications
- thumbnail (still) images extracted and used in any of the media listed above
If you object to your image being used in this way please inform us in writing prior to the event.
Course Cancellations or Changes
It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of WALC, to change the content and timing of the programme, the speaker, the date or the venue. In the unlikely event of any event being cancelled, WALC will automatically refund any course costs paid, but disclaim any further liability. Travel costs will not be reimbursed.
Requests for advice on individual issues raised before, during or after training sessions
Trainers will give information in relation to the actual course content only, they are unable to answer individual requests for advice unless they feel the query is of relevance and benefit to all the delegates present. Any queries not falling into this category can be put up through your Council (i.e. raised at a Council meeting) and the Council can ask the Clerk to raise a helpdesk ticket.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
WALC invite exhibitors to conferences, seminars and the AGM to give Councillors and Clerks the opportunity to meet with the exhibitors to find out more about the service they provide and recent innovations. The presence of an exhibitor does not imply an endorsement by WALC or by individual officers of WALC.
Where WALC have received sponsorship from an organisation (as shown on the Annual Conference, Clerks Seminar and AGM Agendas and the Annual Report) this does not imply an endorsement by WALC or by individual officers of WALC.