This highly interactive course effectively demonstrates the provisions of the FOI act using engaging case studies throughout. Both publishing information and requests for information are explained and discussed in-depth with examples and detailed case studies.
Duration: 45 minutes
Price: Members £16 per learner
Non members £32 per learner
Being able to access information held by public authorities is an important right in an open society.
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act gives a structure to the way information is accessed and disclosed in the public domain. Public authorities have to adhere to the Act
Courses developed by Nimble Elearning have been certified by the CPD Certification Service and count towards your annual CPD requirement.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognise when and where the main provisions of the Freedom of Information Act apply
- Understand the types of information that will be shared in an organisation’s publication scheme
- Make or handle requests for information in an appropriate way
- Understand the rights of individuals under the Act and the consequences of not complying with the legislation
Topics explored in this course, Freedom of Information:
- Main provisions for the Freedom of Information Act
- Types of information covered under the Act
- Public authority duties
- Publishing information
- Dealing with requests for information
- Providing information and refusing a request