Clerk's Toolkit: Finance - Budgets & Audit
Tuesday 17th April 2018
Studley Parish Council
The Village Hall, High Street, Studley, B80 7HJ
9.30am – 1pm
Registration from 9am
12 bite-sized sessions covering all the basics of the clerk’s role
This session will concentrate on:
- Budget Preparation - two stages during the year
- Preparing an action plan for the year through to precept demand
- Review of audit process (ongoing throughout the year, steps up to end of financial year, timeliness over July)
- Transparency Code - what is required
- Treatment of reserves
This session will accrue 1 CPD point
The sessions will be led by Gill Lungley
Gill holds a BA (Hons) in Business Studies, and started working for parish councils in 1991 and gaining the Cert. HE Local Policy Studies from Cheltenham and Gloucester in 1995 and a BTec in similar subject from Worcester College. Then, because Gill loves the subject and wanted to share it with a wider audience she took the PTLLS qualification (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) in 2009.
Gill has worked for one PC for 11 years, then took a break of 3 years before returning to clerking and have now worked for another 6 councils ranging in size from electorates of more than 5,000 to less than 400.
She has represented Worcestershire as county representative at SLCC’s NEC and is a member of the Institute of Local Council Management, which means that she keeps up to date with personal training and CPD. Currently Gill works part-time for two parish councils as well as delivering CALC training.
- £15.00 per event for officers from member councils with a budgeted income of over £6,000
- £10.00 per event for officers from member councils with a budget of £6,000 or less
- £50.00 per delegate for non-member Clerks
Free places for Clerks Toolkit
We are offering 6 Clerk Toolkit Sessions for the Price of 5. When you have booked and paid for 5 toolkit sessions WALC will send you a coupon code so you can book your 6th session for free. This offer is per person and not per council.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE AGREEMENT OF YOUR COUNCIL TO PAY THE COURSE FEE
For those intending to take the CiLCA qualification this session is particularly relevant to units LO14/LO17/LO18/LO20LO24
These events are open to Clerks, Assistant Clerks and Finance Officers
With thanks to Studley Parish Council for hosting this event