- Mentoring Service for new Clerks – to go through their role.
- Assist with Procedural and Financial Matters – this can assist both the clerk and the Chairman.
- Relationship Problems within Councils.
- Provide guidance on health and safety issues.
- Any other assistance which is best provided face to face.
- Free desk top legal advice service
There will be a limit set by the Association on the number of occasions the same council can benefit from the two free hours in the year. Remember the first two hours of these specialists’ time is offered free of charge to member councils. Extra hours will be charged by the specialist by agreement with the council.
- General Employment Law Advice.
- Disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Redundancy and restructuring.
- Local Government Terms and Conditions.
- Coaching, mentoring and mediation on employment issues.
- Appraisals, and performance management including capability issues.
- Sickness and absence management including stress risk assessments.
- HAY Job Evaluation.
Technical Advice on Planning Matters
APS has a proven track record of public sector clients including several parish and town councils in Warwickshire.
- Responses to planning applications.
- Queries on Planning Authority Procedures.
- Representing at public meetings.
- Advising council representatives attending planning committees and hearings.
- Negotiating with developers on behalf of the council.
- Assistance with Neighbourhood Area Applications.
- Assistance with Neighbourhood Development Plans.
- Any other planning related matter.
This service is being provided by Avon Planning Services
Contact Neil Pearce, BA (Hons) DipTp MRTPI
Mobile: 07786 161872 Email: Website: www.avonplanning.co.uk
Subject to availability Neil will provide an out of hours service, so if during a meeting your council has a query on planning matters you may ring him on his mobile.